Wars of the Old Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wars of the Old Republic

Taking place during the era of the old republic after the disapearance of the redeemed Sith Lord Revan, and before the rise of Darth Bane.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Roleplay^^ :By Darth Naratos

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darth Reya
Sith lord
Darth Reya

How to Roleplay^^ :By Darth Naratos Empty
PostSubject: How to Roleplay^^ :By Darth Naratos   How to Roleplay^^ :By Darth Naratos Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:27 am

Hey Everyone! It’s Naratos Here!

Now, I’ve noticed, there are a few members here that either do not know how to roleplay, or haven’t been roleplaying for a period of time. Here is a small guideline I have come up with, and have had agreed upon and viewed by other good roleplayers.
So Let’s Begin

Lesson One: Length

Ok, so, many of you are thinking “Length has to do with everything” or “My post isn’t as long as his/hers, so it isn’t that good” Well, I’m just here to tell you all that length is not everything, now, don’t just post one line, but a paragraph isn’t too bad. It is all about wording, distinct, and a good feel to it, as a one paragraph post can be better than a three paragraph post, here is a great example.

Good Post:

The Man measured his assets accordingly, remembering everything that he had trained for. Once he saw his opponent, he knew what he had to do. He looked upon him, calmly crouched down, preparing himself for an attack. He watched as the opponent quickly dashed towards him, studying the opponent’s every movement, his eyes firmly focused. He then quickly retaliated by diving straight to the side of the opponent, performing a smooth dodge roll and skidding back onto the ground, his right leg stretched out and the left knee bent, his right arm placed firmly onto the ground. Quickly after he began to sweat drops of what seemed like endless water streams, the sweat running down his side burns and brow as he waited for a retaliation of the enemy.

Hmm, I think that is a very nice, descriptive and entertaining. Dontcha think? Now onto the “not so good” post:

He walked down the path to the village. He saw many people walking by him. He went onto the pesseage(passage) and kept moving towards some houses. He then saw his friend and waved. After that he went fishing with his fishing rod. He caught a fish and ate it. After that he walked back to the villagee and looked at the elder. He walked right passed him. He then went into his house. He layed on his bed and woke up. He got up and took a shower. Hours passed and he got out of the village

-Stupid paragraph here-

-Stupid paragraph here-

You get where I’m going right? Heh, Well there is lesson one of how to role play good, Lesson two will be appearing shortly ^^
Back to top Go down
https://starwars-wotor.rpg-board.net

How to Roleplay^^ :By Darth Naratos
Page 1 of 1